List of features:
- ICRU 49 date tables for protons and Helium ions (PSTAR, ASTAR)
- MSTAR for heavy ions
- ICRU 73 with and without the erratum for water target
- A Bethe implementation for any ion, including Linhard-Sørensen equation for low energies
- Support for 278 ICRU target materials, i.e. the complete ESTAR material table, all with default I-values for the Bethe equation
- I-values can be overridden for elements
- Automatic application of Bragg's additivity rule, if requested target material does not exist in default table for e.g. MSTAR.
- Detailed documentation, and multiple example files
- CMAKE based installer, with uninstall target.
- getdedx as a frontend command line program for querying the library
- Two modes of operation: simple for lazy programmers and fast for e.g. MC codes.
- GPL license (non-GPL versions available upon request)
|How to use libdEdx, simplest possible example.|
Demonstration of command line program getdedx. 100 MeV protons using PSTAR on water:
Usage: getdedx program_id Z icru_target_id energy. bassler@kepler:~$ getdedx 2 1 276 100 100.000000 MeV/u HYDROGEN ions on WATER target using PSTAR dEdx = 7.286E+00 MeV cm2/g
Carbon ions on alanine target, using ICRU 73:
bassler@kepler: getdedx 5 6 105 400 400.000000 MeV/u CARBON ions on ALANINE target using ICRU73 Bragg's additivity rule was applied, since compound ALANINE is not in ICRU73 data table. dEdx = 1.068E+02 MeV cm2/g
For reporting bugs and feature request, you can use our trac ticket system or drop us an email.